This Christmas was a little crazy with Blakes finals, my work being sooo busy
for the holidays and also one other surprise!! Blake and I had planned on going to Cali with his family for Christmas but a few days before we were suppose to leave we found out that Blake had to have surgery on the 23rd. So our plans changed and we spent Christmas in St. George with my family. We spent the day after Christmas in Vegas Shopping!! My FAVORITE!! It was nice to get away from Provo and spend time together!
The pictures on the left are from his scope. The bottom left picture is how his airway starts out (looking normal) the picture on the top middle
is what it looked like before surgery. As you can see his airway is 90% closed.
We were told he had some mass in his airway that they didn't exactly know what it was. The doctor who did his CT scan told us he thought it was a form of cyoplasm and a small percentage of them are cancerous. We had to wait a week to find out exactly what it was thankfully it was only scar tissue. But i think that was the longest week of our lives!!
This is Blake after surgery! Our doctor went in and was only able to laser out half of the scar tissue. He said when he got in there it was so thick that for healing reasons it's better to do it in smaller sections. We will be going back in January to have it done one more time to hopefully get the rest!
One more thing....I just have to say how thankful and proud i am of Blake. He pulled a 4.0 this semester with 21 credits, kept me going through all the stress of waiting to hear back from doctors and hoping and praying for good news, he makes me laugh everyday and can always put a smile on my face. I am so thankful for a hardworking husband who sets goals and accomplishes them. I'm so glad i get to spend forever with him! I love him sooo much!!
12 comments:
I'm glad Blake is doing better. That is pretty scary! It was so good to see you guys over Christmas! Have a great New year!
Aubree!! Look how cute you guys are! I found your blog through Lexie's today! It looks like things are going well with you!! Keep in touch! - Kensey
Hey Aubs, I'm not quite sure how I came across your blog but oh well ha! Just thought I'd say hi!
Hi Aubs! It has been forever since the last time I saw you. It looks like so many amazing things have happened in your life since then! Congrats on your marriage. Your picture is so beautiful - you look beautiful - and so happy!
I hope that Blake feels well soon! But I hope that you had a good first Christmas!
Tell Amanda hi for me! She looks great, too! Does she have a blog?
I am so glad you guys finally figured out what he needed--I'm sure it was a relief! I finally got around to sending you my blog invite--sorry it's kind of depressing right now!
wow! I'm glad that Blake is doing better and hope everything goes ok in January! Let me know if you need anything!! we need to play since we are so close. love you!
You guys are so cute! you need to call us when you're here in town so we can go to dinner or something! hope all is well!
Mina!!! hahaha old school huh! i'm so glad i finally found you! we need to gett togetther when you're in town! hope all is going well!
Those pictures are CRAZY of his trach! I'm so glad everything went well though. What's money for bills right? :) I can't wait to see you guys again. I love you!
Aubree! Hey I found your blog. I hope you don't mind me checking up to see how you guys are doing once in a while. It looks like you guys are having fun and loving life!
Aubree....I've been waiting for you to get a blog...I didn't even know you've had one!!! I must be bad in the blogging world. I love looking at people's blogs but sometimes there is just not enough time. How are you guys???? Your adorable and so is your blog!
Aubree I am so glad I found your blog!
Post a Comment